There are so many things the Marvel universe can offer. If you’re obsessed with Tony Stark and want to find the right Iron Man motorcycle helmet DOT approved to add to your collection, you have to be prepared for the fact that searching for the right choice is not going to be easy. You’ll need to invest a lot of time and effort into finding the best option out there.
We took the time to pore through all the top Iron Man motorcycle helmets DOT approved around and we came to the conclusion that the WOW Motorcycle Youth Kids Full Helmet is hands down, the best there is. Offering a superbly detailed design, it comes with a completely detachable magnetized faceplate that every marvel fan will truly appreciate. It’s even got some very cool LED eyes to complete the Iron Man look. If it’s not available, the Typhoon Helmets Offroad Gear comes in as a close second.
7 Top Iron Man Motorcycle Helmet DOT Approved for 2020
Choosing the best Iron Man motorcycle helmet DOT approved when there are so many options available for you isn’t an easy feat. We want to make things easier for you, so we compiled some of today’s most-preferred models to come up with a selection of the best ones on offer.
Avengers Marvel Legends Iron Man Electronic Helmet
This is a good alternative to try out if only for the LED eyes it comes with. If you’ve always wanted to look like your favorite superhero, this is one helmet that will give you that chance. What’s even better is this is a headgear that will give you more than just a sleek design.
The magnetized faceplate on the helmet can be detached whenever the situation calls for it, if you wish to, you can even have it connected right at the top of the headgear. You can even enjoy some matching sound effects to bring an added layer to the experience since detaching the faceplate will trigger the LED lighting of the helmet’s eyes.
The interior of the helmet is notably designed to replicate the electronic look of the character the helmet was made to look after. This is an Iron Man motorcycle helmet DOT approved, after all. For the passionate fan, this makes the headgear all the more appealing.
For the Marvel fans, every little detail matters and this is one headgear that best exemplifies that. You’ll be delighted about how the helmet effectively ticks all the boxes to ensure nothing short of a superior experience.
- You’ll appreciate the remarkably detailed exterior which leads to a beautiful finish, replete with multiple functionalities.
- This is an adjustable helmet and considering how it is designed to fit most users, finding the best one that will be a snug fit shouldn’t be a problem.
- This makes for a very great gift for the avid Marvel item collector. If your friends love the Marvel characters and the universe, this is one item that would no doubt, impress them.
- The person who’ll get the opportunity to don this helmet will really love how it will make them feel as if they’re suiting like Iron Man. You can be sure that they are definitely going to have a lot of fun.
- Due to the way the helmet is designed and made to look as authentic as that of the movie’s Iron Man, seeing through the helmet can be a challenge.
- The gear’s head strap isn’t that reliable as well since there have been instances when it doesn’t function as it is expected to. So, be sure to pay close attention to this particular feature when picking the right unit.
HJC Helmets Marvel IS-17 IRONMAN Street Motorcycle Helmet
This is one great alternative if sturdy construction and detailed design matter the most to you. If quality is what you are looking for in a helmet, this one will certainly meet all your expectations.
This is a unit made of top-quality materials so you will never be left questioning its durability. Its shell is made of Advanced Polycarbonate Composite material and modern CAD technology was tapped to help render its superior and very comfortable fit. The helmet is designed to make it easy enough to put on or take off even when your hands are gloved.
This is a unit where the manufacturers know exactly how crucial usability is. After all, it’s intended to be worn when riding a bike. You’ll be delighted to know that they have taken their time to take this into consideration when coming up with the helmet’s design. After all, your Iron Man helmet shouldn’t just look good but it has to effectively protect you too.
It’s quite notable that this helmet offers a dual-stage shield with easy closure and up to 95% protection against UV rays. This ensures that you will no longer have to constantly worry about whether you have a helmet that will be protective enough or not and instead focus on enjoying the actual ride.
- This headgear is equipped with an EPS liner that is known for its impact-absorbing quality. This ensures that the helmet will effectively keep you protected while keeping you comfortable at the same time.
- You can select from 3 positions when wearing the helmet. All of these positions feature its own locking mechanism.
- Thanks to its sophisticated Advanced Channeling Ventilation System, you will not have to deal with problems like sweating and overheating with the helmet on. This unit is designed to ensure that airflow will effectively go through so any discomfort could be avoided.
- You’ll also love the cool design of the interiors and the antibacterial cloth lining that keeps the moisture at bay.
- This helmet seems to be a bit on the loud side although this would depend on how you’re planning on using it.
- Bluetooth isn’t included in the helmet’s construction. However, if you want this functionality, you can have it added for an extra cost.
NENKI NK-856 Full Face Iron Man Motorcycle Helmet
One look and you can see that this is one cool-looking and durable model- more than enough reasons this helmet needs to be added to your growing list of Marvel collections. One feature that makes this affordable helmet a good choice is the fact that it is made of a very sturdy shell of fiberglass material that is combined with enhanced polystyrene that lends to its impressive efficiency in absorbing impact.
While you would really want to be in a situation where you have to test the overall effectiveness of the helmet in the event of the accident, you’d be delighted to know that the construction ensures that this is one unit you can rely on to keep you safe and protected in the event that something untoward does happen. You will also love how the double visors and the sun shield will keep you comfortable no matter the weather conditions.
It also comes with a ventilation system that efficiently ensures breathability inside the helmet so sweat and overheating aren’t problems you’ll ever have to tackle when you have the helmet on. While this is an Iron Man helmet that comes quite cheap, it is notable how effective it is in terms of ensuring the protection of the wearer. What’s even more impressive is the fact that it is approved by the DOT.
The helmet is also designed to offer the wearer an unimpeded view despite the design so you can trust that you’ll have eyes wherever you’re going with this helmet on.
- Perhaps the very first thing you’ll notice when you see this headgear is its cool design. However, unlike how some things tend to impress at first glance but disappoint the next, this is one product that won’t disappoint you through and through given how good its quality is.
- The cheaper price tag doesn’t mean that it is lacking in effectiveness and performance— far from that.
- A key feature, the double visor, helps enhance the wearer’s experience as it effectively combines a visor colored iridium red along with an inner sun for some very impressive results.
- It comes with a detachable liner that makes washing and maintenance easy to do.
- Pay close attention to the size chart and see to it that you’re getting the perfect one for you. This helmet tends to lean more on the small side.
- It comes with a rather thick padding. So, unless you’re used to having helmets with thicker interior lining, it may take a little time to get used to.
HJC Helmets IS-17 – Marvel Iron Man X-Small
If you’re looking for a model that will be kind to your budget but will still be efficient at keeping you protected, this is the one. This is ideal for the Marvel fan that wants to add a very good-looking Iron Man helmet to their collection. The helmet boasts of a very detailed design despite its affordable price and this helps it stand out from the rest of the helmets that are out there today.
Durability isn’t something you must worry about either as the manufacturers made sure to use top-quality materials in the making of this model. With this helmet on, you can be sure that it will not only offer you the bragging rights of looking and feeling like Iron Man, but it will also offer the same level of protection too— and this allows you to focus your attention on the road.
It’s easy to tell that the manufacturers paid attention to ensuring that the necessary elements that will ensure the user’s comfort will be incorporated into the helmet’s design. Its ventilation system keeps the wearer cool even on hot days. It also comes with a gold shield, perfect for keeping your eyes shielded while ensuring that your vision is enhanced when lighting conditions outside are not that ideal.
More importantly, this is one helmet that will really make you feel like Iron Man the moment you put it on and the bragging rights that come with it will be more than enough reason to definitely own one.
- The unit has been designed with numerous elements to ensure its adaptability making sure that it will be a snug fit will not be a problem.
- The gold visor adds to the coolness factor for the design. On top of that, it effectively enhances the wearer’s vision while donning the helmet.
- It even offers many of the benefits and functionalities that other more expensive models offer. This is one helmet that will let you look and feel like a superhero without any need to break the bank.
- The intricately detailed design is nothing short of impressive. Be prepared to get a whole lot of admiring glances and stares with this helmet on. As an added bonus, it even comes with a DOT certification.
- While it is highly comfortable to wear, you do have to see to it that you carefully check the helmet’s sizing right in order to find the right fit for you.
- Make sure to follow the instructions from the manufacturers in terms of cleaning and maintenance to prevent unnecessary damage to the unit in the process.
HJC Helmets HJC Unisex-Adult Full-Face MC-1
This is one of the best Marvel helmets any fan would be proud to own. It is constructed using the Advanced Premium Integrated matrix Plus technology where carbon fiber and carbon-glass hybrid are combined together for more efficient shock resistance.
This isn’t the only design feature, however, that makes this an attractive model among orders. It is equipped with an efficient ventilation system where exhaust vets are used to ensure that proper air circulation is maintained in the interiors. It also comes with a smoke-tinted anti-fog sun shield. The helmet is also designed for quick deployment to ensure the rider’s comfort at all times when it is in use.
The cheek pads come with an emergency system for removal and the comfortable construction of the interior is quite noteworthy. An advanced layer of antibacterial fabric is used for its quick-drying properties and its capacity to enhance moisture control. The crown and the cheek pads are also designed to be detachable so washing is easy and maintenance is trouble-free.
More importantly, this is a helmet that will definitely turn the heads of any Marvel fans while efficiently providing protection to its wearer. If you have loved ones or friends that are passionate Iron Man or Marvel fans, this is one item they would surely appreciate.
- This is one cool-looking headgear and what’s even better is that it is designed to be glasses-friendly. If you prefer wearing your glasses when riding, this helmet will make it possible for you to do that.
- The rebar vent switch the helmet is equipped with will help ensure proper airflow control in the interior. It doesn’t matter what the weather conditions are, you can expect your head to remain cool and dry the whole time.
- The cooling interior is specifically designed to promote user comfort. It effectively controls the level of moisture inside the helmet. It is also quick drying and has antibacterial properties to keep the interiors clean and smelling good at all times.
- Maintenance is easy with this helmet as it comes with removable interior elements to allow easy washing when necessary.
- If you have plans on riding your motorbike at full speed, the helmet can get a bit on the noisy side. Investing in a pair of earplugs may be a good idea.
- The price tag may be a bit on the expensive side too, but the quality of the helmet matches it.
1storm Full Face Booster IRON Man Blue
A DOT approved headgear, this comes with a ventilation system with three levels, along with a ventilation channel with 5 positions. The ventilator at the rear serves as the exhaust to ensure that warm air that gets accumulated inside the helmet gets dispelled effectively.
It’s worth pointing noting that this is a very lightweight model, thanks to the thermoplastic alloy it is made of. The helmet only weighs a total of 4.75 lbs. It comes with a highly aerodynamic shell which improves its overall practicality.
The unit comes with a size chart that the manufacturer has provided to make it easier for buyers to determine which specific helmet will fit their head best. The helmet’s particular design option is quite appealing if you’re a massive Marvel fan.
- Thanks to its full-face design, you can expect the helmet to offer a good level of safety when you’re out on the road. You will feel even more reassured by the fact that this is a DOT-approved headgear.
- The interior is cushioned to ensure comfort even when having to wear the headgear for hours. You will love the detachable interiors too as it makes washing, cleaning and overall maintenance easier to do.
- It is ideal for use in the summer since, despite the hot weather, it will leave the user’s head dry and moisture-free, thanks mainly to its top-quality ventilation setup.
- Its aerodynamic shape is also noteworthy, as well as the top quality materials that it is obviously made of. The headgear is also lightweight which makes it ideal for users to wear for those long bike rides.
- Some people may have issues with the strap on the chin since it’s a bit short, although this depends on the user.
- Mouth vents aren’t included in the helmet’s design. Expect that you might experience some of its parts to fog up depending on weather conditions.
Captain America: Civil War Iron Man Helmet
Users will love how this unit comes with a Bluetooth speaker that will allow them to wirelessly stream audio for a distance of up to 30 feet. Sound quality is impressive and the device will even allow you to attend to your calls — something very practical if you have to be on your bike a lot so keeping in touch with the important people in your life shouldn’t be hard to do.
When using the speaker, it will light up accordingly. The light is run via a rechargeable battery. The model is shipped with a USB/AUX cable so there’s no need for you to make additional investments just to enjoy this particular functionality.
It is even possible to use this unit as a decoration piece. If you have friends or loved ones that have always been interested in Marvel characters and movies, this would make for such an excellent gift. The speaker’s dimensions are 6.7 x 8.6 x 8.6 inches and it has a total weight of 1.53 pounds.
- You’ll love the cool and striking design and how compact it is. This makes it possible for you to bring it along with you anywhere you wish to, or just leave it on your desk or even at your office.
- The unit uses an LR44 battery and it is even included in the package. This is a rechargeable battery too so there’s no need for you to have to rush out and buy another one the moment the unit runs out of power.
- This Bluetooth speaker is quite powerful and will even allow you to stream audio at 30 feet. More importantly, it’s quite handy for answering your calls.
- You get a complimentary USB/AUX cable with the package too. If you love streaming and playing songs, then this is one handy unit you’d appreciate having around.
- If you want to use this speaker to liven up a full room, you’ll find that the sound may be that loud. Its design is cool and striking though and it is easy to use, which helps make up for that.
- Compared to other counterparts out there, you’ll find that this one may be a tad bit expensive.
Comprehensive Motorcycle Helmet Buying Guide
As far as safety gear goes, there are specific aspects you must consider if you are to take the right pick. It doesn’t matter whether it is a regular helmet or an Iron Man motorcycle helmet DOT approved type. With all the range of options out there today, it helps when you’re well aware of the specific things you must do and elements you need must consider so the helmet you’ll end up with will truly serve its purpose.
Remember that a helmet, first and foremost, needs to be able to protect your head and keep it safe in the event that something goes awry when you’re on your motorcycle. The roads aren’t 100% safe as despite your efforts at driving as safely as you can, there are other people who may not be riding and driving responsibly. Make sure that you’re wearing the necessary protection. This is why, where helmets go, the quality of the material matters immensely.
In terms of safety matters, there should never be compromises. This doesn’t mean that you should always aim for the priciest option there is. Remember that expensive price tags don’t always translate to quality. You need your helmet to meet several safety standards. This is how you can easily tell when a unit is worth investing money in or not.
Your helmet needs to pass the standards set by the DOT. While this applies mainly for helmets in the United States, remember that other places tend to have their own safety standards as well as respective bodies and organizations that are responsible for implementing them. For instance, helmets need to meet the ECE standards if you live in a country that belongs to the European Union.
In North America, products that are DOT certified mean that they can be legally and safely used when riding on public roads. If you wish to take the helmet’s safety aspect to a whole new level, you should try looking for helmets that have been given the SNELL certification. SNELL is a non-profit organization that performs rigorous tests on helmets to determine their safety level.
When helmets have passed the tests, you can expect that they will be safe to use. However, there is a downside to all these tests that are carried out on these products. The more tests they undergo and the more certification they aim to secure, the more expensive they tend to be.
Shape and Size
Helmets are available in a variety of sizes and shapes. This makes it even more difficult to make the right choice. It does help to ask yourself first when, where and how you expect to use the headgear. Your answers will help you determine what your personal preferences are so you can use this as a guideline when the time comes for you to make a decision.
Of the available helmets out there, the full face type is considered the most common. They offer the most protection and are ideal for avid motorcycle riders. The open-face type is also popular although it is less ideal due to the lesser degree of protection it offers, considering how it leaves the face of the rider exposed and it doesn’t come with a chin strap. There are other alternatives such as half helmets, off-road helmets or modular helmets out there, depending on your preferences in terms of design, comfort and safety.
Anything less than the full-face helmet may not offer the same type of protection. Users are encouraged to test as many alternatives as possible so they will find one exactly that they will feel most comfortable with while at the same time, keep them protected and safe while on the road.
Comfort and Pricing
Price shouldn’t be the only thing you should consider when deciding on a helmet. Safety is always crucial so it is important not to bank your decision solely on how much these headgears cost. Still, you do want to take into account your budget limitations when the time comes for you to pick one at the shops. In the same manner, you also need to understand that expensive will not always be equivalent to quality.
There are a number of factors that can influence how much a helmet is priced. Among these include the types of materials used, the specific certifications the helmet has earned, the brand, and well as the type of technology used in its manufacture and design. If you’re a beginner, spending about $200 or so for a helmet is not a bad idea and will guarantee you a decent quality helmet.
Prices can get quite high when you go for special helmet types. A good rule of thumb when shopping for helmets is to look for one that offers effective protection to your head when you’re on your motorcycle while at the same time, ensuring that other gear qualities aren’t reduced in the process.
You’ll also need to consider the helmet’s fit. You need one that is comfortable to wear. The last thing you want is a headgear that will hinder you in a way when you are on the road. A comfortable and snug fit helmet is what you need so you get to enjoy riding without having to constantly worry about your protection and safety.
In terms of fit, there are generally a number of things that could influence your helmet of choice. These include materials used, size, your head shape, the weight of the unit, as well as elements that are meant to enhance comfort like interior padding. When it comes to size, always refer to the sizing chart that manufacturers provide. Checking on the reviews from other customers can also help you find the best fit.
Now that you have found out about the different types of helmets that the market offers, you also need to get to know more details about each one to help you decide on the right choice. This matters immensely when you are still a newbie as you are likely not yet going to be familiar with all of the options available for you in these respective categories.
Full-face helmets, as the name suggests are those models that will cover almost your entire face and head when worn. This is the most ideal helmet to go for due to the complete protection that it provides the wearer. If you intend to ride the motorcycle at such higher speeds, it would make sense to go for the full-face types.
What’s good with these types of helmets is the fact that they offer excellent protection from bugs, debris, wind and various other hazards. There are even some models that will offer Bluetooth connectivity and various other gadgets for communication. The downside to this particular model is that its ventilation may be a bit limited. It helps to look for a unit with a reliable ventilation system to keep your head dry and cool and sweat-free when you have to drive long hours or during the summer days.
If you’re looking for an Iron Man helmet with a full-face style, however, then finding a model that will offer protection, comfort and excellent ventilation should be easy enough to do.
Dual-sport and Modular Helmet
Modular helmets feature a combination of full face and open models. They generally have a part which can be removed or flipped if the user wishes to get better ventilation. If you’re the kind of rider that doesn’t go for very high speeds, they will be ideal for you. However, you do have to make sure not to wear them open.
They offer a great alternative for full-face types because they tend to offer almost the same level of protection, with the added comfort for those times when you wish to take a break or want to converse with other people. The design prevents you from having to fully take the headgear off, which makes it very convenient.
Models like these tend to come with a sun shield and users will usually have the choice to add air deflectors if they wish to as some of these helmets may be designed to accommodate this option. Options for a modular helmet with an Iron Man design may not always be plenty so you do need to invest a bit of time to look around to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Meanwhile, dual-sport helmets may be worth looking into as well. They look awesome and they offer the riders benefits if he plans on using them for off-road and on-road journeys. If you intend to ride in both terrains, then this is one headgear you’d certainly want to consider getting. It’s lightweight, which ensures comfort while offering considerable levels of protection as well.
Half and Open Helmets
There are also helmets that are classified as open and half. Finding these types of helmets with the Iron man design may be difficult but they are generally ideal for those that want to ride their motorcycle at lower speeds or just around their home. Users will generally find a half or open helmet ideal for these situations due to the amount of ventilation they offer.
Half face headgears are ideal for those that want to enjoy both freedom and a considerable level of protection. However, it should be noted that alternatives like these aren’t ideal for riding high speed, especially if you wish to ride on highways.
Half helmets, as the name implies, only cover half of the head with the rest being left exposed. They are only ideal to use when riding low speed. However, if you’re in the market looking for that Iron Man helmet that best resembles the character in the movie, your best bet is to go for the full face one.
Choosing the Right Fit
You can choose any type of helmet you want but at the end of the day, what will really matter is how comfortable it is for you to wear, on top of the protection that it is able to extend to you. The last thing you want is to deal with the inconvenience and discomfort of a badly fitted helmet for extended hours. More importantly, when a helmet doesn’t fit well, it can have an effect on its overall effectiveness at providing you with the protection you need.
One of the most crucial aspects you should consider when looking around for the right helmet is your head shape and the liner of the unit you’re interested in. A helmet that fits your head very well isn’t merely to keep you comfortable at all times but the right fit can dictate how safe you’re going to be too when wearing that gear.
When considering your head shape, consider the length from the back to the forehead as well as the distance from one ear to the other. Consider the jawline too. Helmets can be oval, round oval or intermediate oval. Various helmets tend to work best for a particular head shape so always make sure that the one you pick is appropriate for you.
You have the option to go for helmets with a removable interior which doesn’t only allow for easier maintenance but it also allows you to adjust the helmet’s fit based on your needs. It’s common among manufacturers to offer a neutral shape like an intermediate oval as this allows a unit to be more versatile— so it can accommodate a wide variety of head shapes.
With comfort in mind, see to it that the interior liners are going to feel easy against the skin. Choose washable and easily detachable ones too so maintenance is going to be easy enough to do. Check if the interior accessories have antibacterial properties too. They should. This way, you won’t have to worry about foul smells emanating from the interior of your helmet.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How safe are these motorcycle helmets?
The safety of a helmet is assessed by organizations such as the Department of Transportation and various bodies like the SNELL and ECE. In the US, all helmets need to be DOT-approved before they are considered to be safe for use on public roads.
To secure a DOT-approval, helmets need to get tested for how effective their retention is, how reliable their impact protection is, as well as assess the effectiveness of their field of view, size and even labeling.
SNELL tests are generally tougher to pass and seasoned riders will always recommend elements that have secured this particular certification. Among the aspects tested to get SNELL certified to include dynamic retention, impact resistance, chin bar sturdiness, shell and face shield penetration as well as the positional stability of the headgear.
To get helmets SNELL certified, manufacturers need to have their headgears submitted for testing independently. In Europe, an ECE approval is equivalent to a nod from the DOT.
What is the ideal helmet weight?
A large full-face helmet would weigh between 3 ¼ and 3 ½ pounds. You should find helmets that are generally lighter or heavier than these numbers. Note that this doesn’t necessarily mean that the helmet’s performance will be affected. However, if there is improper weight distribution, the stability of the model might get affected. This can lead to user discomfort. Also, when helmets are way heavier than what they ideally should be, it may be a bit difficult to keep on, especially when riders have to ride for hours.
This is why it’s no surprise to see that bikers wearing heavier helmets will often complain from such issues as back and neck pain. Discomfort when on the bike is not a good thing as this can lead the biker to be less focused on the road. If you happen to have a heavy helmet, it is best to take breaks regularly. Note that no matter how uncomfortable you might feel, with a helmet on, wearing one is critical to ensure that you are duly protected during accidents.
Are Iron Man motorcycle helmets DOT approved effective for motorcycle riders?
If an Iron Man helmet has earned a certification from the DOT, then it is as safe as any other types of helmets out there. While a lot of people may choose to buy these helmets due to their interest with the Iron Man character, at the end of the day, it is still a helmet. A helmet’s main purpose is to keep your head safe and protected against flying debris or in the event of a crash or an impact.
Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reveals that helmets are able to prevent fatal head injuries and brain damage by 29%. In addition, they can help prevent brain injuries and head injuries during traffic crashes.
Helmets are effective when their outer shells are made of highly durable materials, a liner that’s made of impact-absorbent materials, along with a top-quality retention setup. To ensure that the headgear model will indeed be appropriate for you, always see to it that you are purchasing only the appropriate size. Note too that no matter how durable your current helmet is, always make it a point to get it replaced after 5 years.